Open Evening took place on Thursday 26th September and we were delighted to welcome so many prospective parents to what we believe is a very special school. The school was alive with demonstrations, displays and current Shipston High School students eager to share their experiences of life at the school. We never cease to be amazed and proud of the way our students volunteer to come back to school in their own time to help in classrooms, act as tour guides, car park attendants and do anything else that needs to be done!
Our visitors were certainly impressed with their Shipston High experience and our visitors questionnaire revealed some lovely comments:
“The students were absolutely charming. You can see immediately how happy they are. We’re extremely impressed”
“I have been very impressed by how warmly the pupils spoke about their school: their sense of pride is evident”
The closing date for on time applications for entry to Shipston High School in September 2020 is 31st October and the school has 120 places available.
A fantastic number of people attended our Open Morning back in July. We are now delighted to invite you to our OPEN EVENING which is taking place on Thursday 26th September 2019.
The evening will commence with the Headteacher’s presentation at 6.00 p.m. (which will be repeated at 7.30 p.m.) followed by an opportunity to view the school until 8.00 p.m.
During your visit there will be the opportunity to:
• See our high achieving and student focussed school in its attractive setting and explore the ‘Shipston Experience’ for yourself
• Find out about our success and why Shipston High is the first choice school for so many families
• Get involved in the exciting, interactive displays in all subject areas and experience the high quality of our teaching and learning
• Meet and chat to our students and learn how they achieve significantly above local and national averages.
• Talk to staff and students
• Appreciate how we develop character through extra-curricular activities
• Hear how well our students do after they leave us
• Learn about our engaging curriculum
• During the evening you will also be able to access help and advice on the admissions process
We very much look forward to meeting prospective parents and students during the evening. If you have any queries please contact Mrs Alison Punt, Headteacher’s Secretary, on 01608 661833 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The new Autumn term started on Tuesday 3rd September when we welcomed 120 new students into Year 7 together with older students in year groups across the school and 5 new members of the teaching staff.
The school has certainly been buzzing this week as our young people negotiate their way around their new school environment, dealing with different lessons in different classrooms, different teachers for each subject and deciding what food to buy in the school canteen! All students have arrived looking very smart in their new uniforms, well equipped and ready to start the new chapter in their lives. They are already engaging well in their lessons and anxious to join some of the many after school clubs which will be starting shortly. This intake is the largest Year 7 intake for many years, being fully subscribed with a waiting list. As we continue to help our new starters settle into life at Shipston High School, we are now turning our thoughts to those pupils in Year 6 at local primary schools who will shortly be visiting us with a view to making their applications for next September and we are currently making preparations for our Open Evening on Thursday 26th September.